Weekly E-Newsletter: Friday Notes
Monthly Newsletter: Visions
2019 Session minutes
The 2018 Annual Report
Rebuilding the church and families in Russia – Spring 2019 Mission Crossroads Article – Ellen Smith
Mission Connections – letter from Al and Ellen Smith
Adult Christian Education Offerings for 2019-2020
- Nov 10: “A Place At The Table– One Nation Underfed” Facilitator: Alice Lundstrom Alice Lundstrom
- Nov 17:“US Farmer’s Plight Today”- A look at current issues facing farmers today. Facilitator: Alice Lundstrom
- Nov 23 Saturday Introduction to Sunday LIFT and Training
GenOn Ministries: Jacob Sefton (Seminarian, Frm. Director of Christian Education, Mt. Zion Presbyterian Church, Illinois) and
Amanda Hinthorn (Director of Christian Education, Sun Prairie UMC)
- Nov 24 Farmers Market (no class)
- Dec 1 Intergenerational: Watch! Advent Bible Study Pastor Christian
- Dec 8-29 Advent Bible Study Pastor Christian
- Jan 5-26 Book Study: Church of Us v Them Dale Morgan
Starting in February, after worship, all generations participating in Sunday LIFT
Healing Hearts of Waukesha County
We provide a peer-to-peer support program for children, ages 4 through 18, and the adults who care for them, who are grieving the loss of a loved one. The program is free to all participants. The 2 locations are listed below, new meeting days and times to follow in the upcoming weeks.
• Waukesha (121 Wisconsin Ave)
• Oconomowoc (800 Lake Drive)
Spanish-speaking materials and facilitators are offered in Waukesha.
Families may sign up at any time. They need not fear that they cannot attend if the Spring Session is already in progress.
For more information and registration materials, view our website:
www.healingheartsofwaukeshaco.org o register.
Annual Winter Farmers Market at SPC
Please join the Food, Faith, and Farming Network at Southminster on Sunday, November 24th, 2019 from 10:30am-1:00pm for the annual Winter Farmers Market and Brunch.
The Brunch menu includes:
· Baked Potato with choice of toppings: Chili, Vegetarian Chili, Broccoli, cheese, onion, sour cream
· Homemade Applesauce
· Old-fashioned Oatmeal cookies with cranberry and chocolate chips
· Coffee, Tea, Milk, Apple Cider
Adults: $7 / Children: $4 / Families: $25
This year most of us will still be eating Thanksgiving leftovers when we begin the celebration of Advent on December 1st. As always, we need lots of volunteers. People to decorate and undecorate the church, candle lighters for the Advent wreath, adults or youth to help the children fill the creche and retell the Christmas story, and readers for Christmas Eve. Please consider making one of these tasks part of your Advent celebration. There are sign up sheets in Nelson Hall. If you have questions, talk to Linda Melton.
The Worship Ministry Team invites members to order poinsettias as part of our Advent decorations for the church. You may purchase a poinsettia in memory or celebration of a person or event. The cost is $12. If you wish to take a plant home, they will be available after the service on January 5. Contributions can be placed in the offering plate or dropped off at the church office.